Add a friend on Facebook
By default, anyone on Facebook can add you as a friend. Follow our tutorial to add friends on Facebook. You can adjust your settings to change who can add you as a friend later. Already have an account? Here's how you add someone as a friend on Facebook.
- You have to go to their profile to add someone as a friend. To do so, go to the Search box at the top left.
- Type in the name of the person you want to add as a friend (you may also use email address or phone number, if that person has already provided Facebook the information).
- A list of one or more Facebook users will appear. Choose the person you want to add as friend. Facebook will take you to their profile.
- In the profile page, click Add Friend to send he/she a friend request.
- Wait for your he/she to accept your request. Good luck!
You should only send friend requests to people you personally know in real life, like your friends, family, collegues, classmates...
You may not be able to add someone as a friend if:
- They set their privacy settings to get friend requests only from friends of friends.
- You've already sent them a friend request. Give them some time to respond to the friend request.
- You've blocked them. To send a friend request to someone you've blocked, you need to unblock them first.
Note: If requests you send go unanswered or are reported as unwelcome, you may be blocked from sending friend requests by Facebook.